Accessible Poetry and Poets:
by Violet Nesdoly
This is our second column in Violet's "Poet's Classroom" series.
My column, Accessible Poetry and Poets, only brushes the surface of available resources. If you're interested in reading more examples of accessible poets or in listening to live readings, the following resources may be of interest.
Great examples of accessible poets and poetry are also found right here in the Gallery at Utmost Christian Writers.
• Mary Oliver reads at the Lannan Readings & Conversations Series, Sante Fe, NM, October 25, 2006: 56 minutes.
• Ted Kooser reads at the University of California, Berkeley, CA May 17, 2005: 59 minutes.
• Billy Collins reads at the Lowell Humanities Series, Boston, MA, April 28, 2005: 68 minutes.
• Barbara Crooker reads at the Del Mar College, Corpus Christi, TX.
also: Barbara Crooker
• Linda Pastan
• Jane Kenyon
• Jeanne Murray Walker reads at the Glen Workshop, Sante Fe, NM, 2007
• Alvin Ens
• Judith Frost
• D. S. Martin
• Susan Plett
Poets 180: a poem a day for American high schools
American Life in Poetry
Copyright ©2008 by Violet Nesdoly